04 Nov National Facilities Management and Technology (NFMT) Conference and Expo
Last week, Jim Turner and Ray Carney attended the National Facilities Management and Technology (NFMT) Conference and Expo in Orlando, Florida. Jim was a featured speaker presenting “Building a Better Business Case,” which was attended by approximately 150 individuals for CEU credit. The slides for Jim’s presentation are available here.
The session provided a simplified five step process for building a better business case including Developing Objectives, Preparing Criteria, Considering Alternatives, Analyzing and Evaluating Alternatives, and Ranking and Recommending. Jim used the case study of the Empire State Building purchase in 2002 throughout the presentation.
While at the conference, Jim attended “Big Data to Benchmarking,” presented by Laurie Gilmer of Facilities Engineering Associates and “BIM for Facility Management Case Studies,” presented by Igor Starkov of EcoDomus. Both Jim and Ray attended the Orange County Convention Center presentation titled, “The Scale of Big Buildings without Big Budgets” and “Transform Your Facility with an Internet of Things (IoT) Platform,” presented by Tom Willie of Blue Pillar. Ray also attended a presentation on “Facility Management Reporting: The Value of Metrics and KPIs” also presented by Laurie Gilmer.
At the Expo, Jim and Ray met with a number of companies and organizations including:
- Securitas – security infrastructure and guard company
- US Weight – crowd control and safety barriers including branding for the bottom of the barriers
- Cambridge Sound Management – displayed the next generation of Sound Masking
- Woofgang Solutions and Facility Dude – both web-based facility management tools
- International Facility Management Association (IFMA) – issues the Certified Facility Manager (CFM) Facility Management Professional (FMP) and the Sustainability Facility Professional (SFP)
- Total Security Solutions – glass and bullet resistant barriers
- Blue Team – provides disaster recovery services
NFMT Orlando was an outstanding experience for Jim and Ray. We look forward to attending again next November in Las Vegas!