29 Dec Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser
One of the featured events of the 2013 Markon Holiday Party was the Wounded Warrior Project silent auction. Thanks to the generosity of Markon employees over $2800 was raised for this extremely worthwhile cause. The stated purpose of the Wounded Warrior Project is to:
- To raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of injured service members.
- To help injured service members aid and assist each other.
- To provide unique, direct programs and services to meet the needs of injured service members.
Several items were chosen and bid upon. The winners of those items were:
1. War Room Naming Rights – Jeff & Terri Bolster
2. Photography Session from Amazing Graces (Donated by Erin Werking) – Julie Genn
3. Vintage Coffee Mugs – Andrew Weaver
4. Annapolis Bay Cruise (Donated by Faron Smith) – Kim Kell (Guest of Cassandra Craine)
5. Buy a Day Off – John Kelly
6. SWAG Bag – Lynn Walley
7. Jim Turner Brewed Beer – Matt Dean
8. Dinner at the Palm with the Carney’s – Katie Sweeney
9.Matt Dean’s Seats at Nationals and Jersey – Lee White
10. Spa and Steak Gift Cards (Donated By Drew Thompson) – Jack Sakwa
11. Day of Golf with Leigh Valudes – Mitch Patterson
12. RG3 Autographed Helmet (Donated by Lee White) – Gil Bigby
13. Landry’s and Ruth’s Chris gift cards (Donated by Drew Thompson) – Sherif Wahby
14. Redskins Tickets (Donated by Sharon Lizama) – Sherif Wahby